Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Summertime

I grew up on the beach in Florida I was always in the sun, sand, etc etc. Living where we live now we are about an hour from the beach a beach that isn't nearly as lovely as as the ones I grew up on. But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them.

 


If anyone watched coverage for any hurricane coming to the Miss gulf coast you will probably see pictures of Bay St Louis, this gulfside city was devastated by Katrina but is slowly rebuilding. My mom lives about 10 minutes from the beach so we grab her dog and mine and have a good time soaking up the sun. This stretch of road used to have big lovely homes all along it most have not been rebuilt the road has and the piers that once went into the water are just memories.



We went fishing one afternoon with my parents my stepdad is addicted to fishing my mom too I guess. But on this day Wyatt was the only one to catch anything.



Another day we were at the beach for 4H and this little sailboat reminded me of summers sailing or boating with my dad in Florida and Cape Cod. I grew up around the water and love it sometimes the smell of the ocean breeze brings back such strong memories.
 

What scent brings back memories for you?

2 comments:

  1. Dear Erika,

    I miss the beach! We're quite land-locked now in Missouri, and have to make do with creeks, ponds, and lakes. :)

    Enjoy all that sand for us!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Erika!

    Oh boy! It's been a LONG time since I have been around. Life has certainly thrown me some curve balls my way... and I just received your letter. I moved my blog - and am slowly updating it. I am trying to get back into the swing of things and catch up on mail and internet. I hope you are doing well! I think of you often! Love, Emily Fay

    ReplyDelete