Wednesday, August 7, 2013

To be a butterfly or a flutterby...

I love butterflys and this time of year the big ones are out fluttering about. This Eastern Tiger Swallowtail, at least that is what my book says, was loving the big blossums on this plant. The name escapes me right now though my mom gave in to me a couple of years ago and it has take over the compost.


This little Five-lined Skink was sunny himself, we have lots of these and they usually make me jump when I see them out of the corner of my eye, they remind me of snakes the way the scurry off.

This bee was enjoying the flowers as well. We had someone come in a cut about 6 acres of timber and he turned up several yellow jacket nests and one bee nest. I am hoping the bee nest is ok the others can go.


This little butterfly was a bright yellow till it landed in the grass and then its wings were a lovely green on the outside and yellow on the inside. I'm not sure what he is but he was cute.
 

And one of our trumpet flowers blooming they look so pretty in the early morning and then the heat of the day wilts them. My mom brought me a apricot colored one but it hasn't bloomed yet.
 
I love living in the country.
What do you love about where you live?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Erika,

    Beautiful photos, my friend! We've been just loving the butterflies this summer, too, and really wish we had lots more native flowers to keep them happy. :)

    Evangeline would love the skink, and all my children would have tried tried to catch it!

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete